ICP Nurseries achieves the Soil Association’s Food for Life Silver Accreditation
All 34 Nurseries in the ICP Group have been awarded the Soil Association’s Silver Award. This fantastic achievement follows their Bronze Award which was achieved in 2019, and the group is delighted to receive this upgraded accreditation.
The Food for Life Served Here Award is an independent endorsement, backed by annual inspections, for food providers who are taking steps to improve the food they serve. The aim of the scheme is to encourage and reward caterers who:
- serve fresh food
- source environmentally sustainable and ethical food
- make healthy eating easy, and
- champion local food producers.
To achieve the Silver Award, a rigorous assessment process is implemented to ensure that:
- food is fresh
- menus are seasonal
- food is free from controversial additives like aspartame and MSG
- all food is free from trans fats
- GM ingredients are not used
- A minimum 5% organic spend is maintained
- all meat is from animals farmed to British animal welfare standards
- all eggs are free range Lion Brand
- fish which is on the Marine Conservation Society ‘Fish to Avoid’ list is not served
- national guidelines on food and nutrition are complied with
- meals are made from scratch in our own kitchens
Dean Richter, from Northcote House Nursery in London, who is Lead Chef for the ICP Nurseries Group said “I am honoured to have assisted the nursery to upgrade our Bronze award which we received in 2019 to the Silver Food for Life Catering Mark. It is not always easy to find out where your food comes from, how it was produced and what ingredients it contains, when eating outside your home, but our parents have peace of mind that the food they eat at Nursery, is the very best. I believe the Food for Life scheme helps to assure our parents that we have the children’s best health interests at heart at all times. We are proud to be able to demonstrate this commitment to our families.